This year, the hotel welcomes the artist
Federico Pellegrini qu’il accueille en résidence d’artiste pour cette année 2011
Hotel des deux pulls, c’est le nom de ladite résidence, verra l'artiste fraterniser avec sa guitare, sa caméra, ses habits et ses doubles.
THE RESIDENCY OF MANY ARTISTS
Each year, the Pommeraye Hotel invites a local artist to develop a project at the hotel itself. This artist is then given free reign to dream up one or several works, drawing inspiration from the hotel. The project was launched in 2005 with Artecheri, a local but now defunct collective from Nantes, who through its 3 poetic creations put a new slant on day-to-day life in the hotel.
- In 2006 Delphine Brétesché brought the basement to life and blasted it into the lobby during half a dozen off-the-wall performances.
- In 2007 Micha Deridder decided to decorate the rooms specifically for lovers and loners.
- In 2008 video director Charlie Mars, shot his first short film, ‘Nightmare Hotel’ here in 2008.
- In 2009 Amélie Labourdette inspired by road movies, conjured up images of cult film scenes in a surprising set of vibrant pieces, coupled with dreamlike photography.
- In 2010, we have been delighted to host Michel Fourquet and his sharp-witted work with tooth-picks.
- In 2011, it was under the name of " Hotel of the two sweaters " that Frederico Pelligrini has occupied the premises of the hotel.
THE ‘DANS LES DRAPS LES MOTS’ RADIO SHOW
For 6 years now, room 108 of the Pommeraye Hotel has been turned into a radio studio once a month for the programme ‘dans les draps les mots’ (words between the sheets).
This programme, broadcast live on the Nantes station Alternantes, is presented by Michel Sourget.
It features interviews with poets invited to take part in lectures hosted by the Nantes Poetry House.
A website is currently being set up where you will be able to find an archive of all past programmes.